Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Interview Vinyls up for grabs (read on)

From: saddler@hebron.connected.com (Me. Just Me)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1993 23:33:54 -0700
Subject: Kate Interview Vinyls up for grabs (read on)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Greetings, dear ones...

I have some Kate vinyl records (yes, the things with grooves cut into them,
and require a needle to obtain the sound) that I would like to offer to you
serious collecters:

First off, is my most unusual find; a pressing titled:

KATE BUSH  INTERVIEW 85  BUSH 7S  Made in England

-- Photograph press of Kate and a Hound -- she's as lovely as ever, wearing a
   white blouse with a black jacket, gazing to her right, with 'that smile',
   while the hound is resting his head on her left fore-arm, staring to her
   left.  The recording is a cut-out of the photo's profile, and the recording
   takes the space of a standard US 45rpm.  The size of the picture platter is
   about 1/2 an inch slight of a full size lp.

   The photograph is in color, and is nothing _close_ to the album photo, except
   for the hound.  The back of the recording is orange, with black lettering.
   (where the title is)

Next, a 4-pack of 45rpm-single sized platters, all with black and white photo's
on each side, entitled:

KATE BUSH  INTERVIEW 85/86  KB PACK 1  Made in England

-- Unique charactaristics: Each record has the same photo of Kate staring
   directly at you on side #1; looking at you to her right, with her knees
   drawn close to her, and her hands clasped together near her ankles.  Each
   platter has a different image of her in various stances at different times:
   - in a cape with her pands help next to her shoulders, fingers spread
   - standing next to what seems to be a space man at a space exhibit, wearing
     a white blouse and black jacket (this is b+w, remember ;-)
   - what seems like her early years, wearing a feather choker, holding out a
     note, staring off to the left of the photographer
   - her in the #3 garb, staring directly at you.

   These recordings are stamped KB 1, KB 2, KB 3, KB 4.

   The set is housed in a clear plastic 4-set holder, which folds into a single
   stack, has two brass hole's for hanging, and has a title paper secure inside
   the sealed plastic with the title.

[Note: the previous 2 offerings do not have a recording studio stamp on them,
 so I cannot say of they are legitimate recordings or bootlegs, all I can say
 is that this is how I acquired them at a record shop in Seattle last year]

Next, are two full sized albums.

Interesting note is that they are in the same printed envelope:

The front has the title KATE BUSH  INTERVIEW
The side has the title  KATE BUSH  INTERVIEW  NEVER 4
The back is labeled as being recorded by DISCUSSION RECORDS, with a trademark of
a microphone, in a circle, with beams glowing away from the mic....

Album #1:

Has the words "Orlake Embryonic" inscribed on the inner circle (where the
grooves run out) and a stunning picture of Kate in a robe-like garb, with a red tie around her waist, staring directly out to you.  About 1/2 inch from the
inside of the album, to the lower left of her, are the words "KATE BUSH -
INTERVIEW - NEVER 4P  Made in England"  Oh yeah, she's wearing a feather
choker, too.  And dove ear rings.  This is side B.

Side A has the picture that the album cover has; a close up of Kate smiling,
staring off to her right.  She's wearing the same outfit (as far as I can tell,
and the same choker.  The inside inscription (as to earlier pressings mentioned
in this posting, are the words "A Porky Prime Cut"  The word 'Porky' is a guess,
since it's hand-written like.

Album #2

Saving the best for last!

Same album cover.  Inside, however, is a lovely yellow-green see-thru platter
with an 'official' (?) sticker on the inside of the platter:

KATE BUSH  INTERVIEW  NEVER 4 C  Made in England

LIMITED EDITION OF 300  <-----  See why this is my fave?!?!?!

And, on the sticker, are the words:

"ALL RIGHTS OF THE MANUFACTURING AND OF THE OWNER OF THE RECORDED WORK RESERVED
 UNAUTHORIZED PUBLIC PERFORMNCE BROADCASTING AND COPYING OF THIS RECORD
 PROHIBITED"

Questions?  Answers?  Care for a mint? (pun intended)

These are for real, btw.....accepting offers and phone calls from all around
the world.

--
                                 Ray E. Saddler
               saddler@hebron.connected.com  -- RadioHead on IRC