Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rubberband Girl in Germany, or rather in Darmstadt...

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 93 21:50 MET
Subject: Rubberband Girl in Germany, or rather in Darmstadt...
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Last week I was a bit sour due to not finding a single trace of Rubberband
Girl in Darmstadt. Not in any chart, not in any shop. Today I was in Darmstadt
again, checked the fifth shop (no luck, as predicted), and re-checked three of
the four other shops. These all had Rubberband Girl, two had one each, the third
had about 5 or 6 copies. Well, maybe EMI decided to pull the plug by not delivering
orders for a while? Maybe to synchronize the single with the release of the album?
Pure speculation, but you never know what ways the record industry goes to make
sure that some records never enter the charts :-(.

Another good sign is that this week is the first week that Go West from the Petshop
Boys was in the German charts. Good? Yes, because GW entered the UK chart in the
same week as RbG. With RbG being unavaillable for a time it MIGHT have a chance
here. Let's just hope!

Bye,

Uli