Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

An Aspel Tapetree Final Mop-Up Offer (long)

From: sztestes@othello.ucdavis.edu
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 93 14:57:53 -0700
Subject: An Aspel Tapetree Final Mop-Up Offer (long)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

For those who missed the original Aspel videotape tapetree, I have volunteered
to help distribute copies to newcomers and latecomers.

Some background on the Aspel videotape culled from multiple postings by
original tapetree root Peter Manchester --

> FROM:  PMANCHESTER
>
>      If you are only now deciding to participate in the tapetree, here's how
> it works.  [...] The general procedure is this:  you send your
> blank tape along with a self-addressed, stamped return mailer (use _stamps_,
> not metered postage, which is only valid on the date of issue) to the node
> person you have contacted.  This makes it easy for him or her to give you a
> quick turnaround--no trips to the post office, no sending money, etc.
>
> TRACK LIST
>
> A.  "Moments of Pleasure," lip-synch of the album track for "The Red Shoes,"
>     at the piano, on Aspel & Company TV show, June 20, 1993.
> B.  "Rocketman," b&w video for The Awards, <?date>, 1993
> C.  "Die Efteling" Tapes (AKA The Dutch TV videos): Six videos taped in the
>   Efteling Gardens (a gothic theme-park), Amsterdam, April 1978.
>        1. Moving
>        2. Wuthering Heights
>        3. Them Heavy People
>        4. The Man With the Child in His Eyes
>        5. Strange Phenomena
>        6. The Kick Inside
> D.  "Kate": The "Christmas" TV special, U.K. TV, aired December 28, 1979.
>        1. Intro music
>        2. Violin.
> 		<All of what follows, within the << >>s (descriptions here
> 		clipped from The Garden), did not make it through the
> 		conversion made for this master; there was no time to redo it;
> 		see technical notes below>
>        << 3. Satie's Gymnopedie No. 1, played by the KT Bush Band as
>        << background for the two giant violins (Paddy and his friend Andrew
>        << Bryant), who mime an introduction for the next song:
>        << 4. Symphony in Blue. Sung live with the KT Bush Band.   Kate
>        << sings and accompanies herself at the piano.
>        << 5. Them Heavy People. Lip-synched to a live recording.>>
>        6.  A cappella introduction for Peter Gabriel (Peter the Angel
>	 	Gabriel). Here Comes the Flood, Peter Gabriel
>        7. Ran Tan Waltz
>        8. December Will Be Magic Again <video drop-out at start>
>        9. The Wedding List
>       10. Another Day (Roy Harper), duet with Peter Gabriel
>       11. Egypt
>       12. The Man With the Child in His Eyes
>       13. Don't Push Your Foot on the Heart Brake
> E.  "Rocketman," Wogan TV, color <?date>
> F.  "The Infant Kiss," video made by Chris Williams in 1984 with clips from
>   "The Innocents" (produced and directed by Jack Clayton in 1961, with
> Deborah Kerr, script by Truman Capote from  The Turn of the Screw  by
> Henry James).  Kate has often said that her song was influenced by having
> seen this film, and she liked this video enough (in version 1.0) to call
> Chris personally to thank him.  This is ver. 2.0, with CD audio.
>
> TECHNICAL NOTES
>
>        Two general points.  First, for this application, mastering to S-VHS
> works; the sub-masters are indistinguishable on screen from the master.
> Second, time pressure is always an enemy.  By the time Chris could get the
> [...]

Formats I can provide (NTSC only):

VHS: Hi-Fi Stereo with Dolby-B linear stereo soundtracks

S-VHS: Hi-Fi Stereo with mono linear soundtracks

Beta: Beta II speed Hi-Fi Stereo with mono linear soundtracks;
      tape will be recorded in the Beta-compatible Super-Beta format
      (only VERY old Beta machines MAY have difficulty with the
       higher resolution format; Super-Beta can be disabled for
       any people who experience compatibility problems)

Send e-mail inquiries to:
sztestes@othello.ucdavis.edu

Blank tapes and postpaid return mailers to:
Tom Estes
643 Crystal Springs Drive
Woodland, CA  95776-5753