Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Buying Kate vinyl (USA)

From: phil@SonOSam.execnet.com (Phil Verdieck )
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1993 11:50:35 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Buying Kate vinyl (USA)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I Went down to visit a friend in the Southern New Jersey are this weekend.
As usual, I cut across the Border into Philadelphia to visit a certain
used CD store/record store.  As usual I spent some money there.

I was able to (virtually) complete my KB CD collection.  I acquired
Never for Ever, LionHeart, and Aspects of the Sensual world. While
there I picked up some other stuff and checked out the KB vinyl section.

I am not interested in vinly anymore, but some of you out there might be.
They had a fairly extensive amount of KB on vinyl.  Highest price was 125.00
This was for a picturedisk of TKI with Kate in a fairly tight blue outfit.
Otherwise there was at least 2 copies of Big Sky Meteoralogical remix, 2 or 3
marble HOL and tons of live stuff.  2 or 3 Christmas albums, Secret Policemans,
and 2 or 3 double vinyl boots with the B-sides and other stuff.

The name of this place is Plastic Fantastic.  It is located in Ardmore, a
suburb of Philadelphia, on route 30.  To get there, take 95 into Philly,
then take 76 (North/West).  About 3 or 4 mile up is route 1 South. This is
a left exit.  Stay in the left lane until you truly exit.  Then you are
on RT. 1.  Your next turn is on Rt. 30.  This is at least a couple of miles
up, through several lights. It is a right turn.  Take 30 about 3 miles and you
should be in Ardmore.  Plastic Fantastic is on the left side.  You will want
to look for a Roy Rogers on the right side, at a light.  Make a right and
there is a parking area back there.  Plastic Fantastic is about 100 yards
before the Roy Rogers on the opposite side.

Warning:  their used CD prices basically blow.  10.00 a pop.  I no longer
go spastic when visiting there, I just look for imports and rarities
That's because I know if I go to the right places in NYC I can get cheaper
used, or pay 10.00 for new.

Good hunting.

Philip Verdieck

Phil@sonosam.execnet.com