Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush article in Rock World Mag

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 13:54:42 BST
Subject: Kate Bush article in Rock World Mag
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Browsing through the magaizne racks at the local newsagents I saw
Kate's face on the front of a magazine called Rock World (Issue 19, Vol 2,
Oct.). There is a 3 page article inside which includes a piece by
Paddy Bush describing Kate and the making of The Red Shoes. There are a few
black and white pics.

I don't have time to type in the whole article at the moment but there
are a few interesting tidbits from Paddy. For example:

"People always ask if we are ever going to do any more live shows. The answer
is that it's certainly possible ... and in fact we talked about doing it
recently. We even had a few rehearsals earlier in the year so it's definitely
something in the head, but then Kate got involved in the idea of a film to go
with the album .... all plans for live shows have gone out the window for the
time being."

Mind you, Paddy also says:

"She doesn't really spend any longer on albums than anyone else ..."

and

"Believe it or not she actually writes very quickly."

The article also has an "interesting top ten which it calls Kate Bush's
finest hours and which has Babooshka at number 1 and The Dreaming at number 2.

Kate and the new album are also mentioned in the mag's news section where
they suugest the new album will take up residence at the top of the charts for
the remainder of the year [if it ever gets released - nbc]. Also, that
"sources" claim that it includes at least three smash hit singles.

I wil post the full article if time permits and if no one else wants to do
it first.

Neil

Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,      BITNET: nbc%uk.ac.rl.inf@ukacrl
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon,  OX11 0QX     JANET:     nbc@uk.ac.rl.inf
England                              Tel: +44 235 44 5740  Fax: +44 235 44 5831