Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pete, Sinead, and "Don't Give Up"

From: rpeck@pure.com (Ray Peck)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 01:44:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Pete, Sinead, and "Don't Give Up"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1993Sep23.202312.21664@leland.Stanford.EDU> jchokey@leland.Stanford.EDU (James Alexander Chokey) writes:
>I think those who had to wait got it made up to them because
>he played  with a lot of other musicians from Womad, including Sinead O'Connor
>and a wonderful violinist singer named Shandar (sp. ?). Sheila Chandar
>and a number of other folks also joined him on his closing numbers.  The
>song selection seemed to be a mixture of what he did at his earlier show
>and the Womad show.

Interesting.  I saw the Sacramento show the day before the Oakland
one, and I saw the WOMAD show.  Sinead performed during nearly the
whole show, and Shankar did almost all of it.  There was a group of
African singers for the encore, but Sheila Chandra was not there, and
they didn't do "Don't Give Up".

The did do an extended "Shaking the Tree" with Shankar.

--
Ray Peck						rpeck@pure.com
Pure Software						  408-524-3007