Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Reviews (and more Red Shoes Impressions)

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 93 00:51:38 EDT
Subject: Re: Kate Reviews (and more Red Shoes Impressions)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (N. Richard Caldwell) writes:

>Warning: Possible Red Shoes Album spoilers ahead...

>> and Top of the City.

>"Take me up to the top of the city
> And put me up on the angel's shoulders"

Perhaps it's a reference to the film "Wings of Desire."  Near the
beginning of the film, the kindly angel is standing on a high
church steeple and looking over the city. Children looking up
seem to see him though no one else notices.

The city is Berlin, so the reference couldn't be literal. It's hard
to tell without more lyrics to go by. I can certainly imagine Kate
loving WoD, so I wouldn't be suprised...

Vickie