Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Yep, I'm new

From: eric@orange.cc.utexas.edu (RangerTed)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1993 16:30:52 -0600
Subject: Yep, I'm new
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hey, Kate-o-philes:

I'm new and just have to say I have never seen a more fanatic group
anywhere. It's kinda cool and kinda scary.

For me, I'll just say that Kate is among a handful of performers whose work
becomes more intense with repeated listenings. (Somehow, I suspect this
sentiment has been expressed in this group *several* hundred times.) The
music has depth, complexity, freshness, and mystery - and then there's the
Kate voice.

Mainly I like the challenge. She's not afraid to layer and suggest. And I
love dense production. And then, there's the Kate voice.
--
Eric Eubank (aka RangerTed)
eric@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu