Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate refs

From: rurfin04@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Rural Finance Group)
Date: 15 Sep 1993 13:52:31 GMT
Subject: Kate refs
To: rec-music-gaffa@cis.ohio-state.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

As I lie awake suffering from insomnia this morning, I began to
think about the unusual places I've heard Kate's music.  I thought
this might make in interesting thread.  So the question is:  Where
are the strangest places you've heard Kate's music or seen a
reference to Kate?

What follows are three I can think of.

The latest one was watching the movie "Singles" with Kyra
Sedgewick.  She is at the apartment of the lead actor (can't
remember his name).  They are talking about his record collection
and the camera pans down to some albums laying on the floor.
_Hounds of Love_ is one of them.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I was listening to the soap opera "All My
Children" when during a scene in a bar, the radio plays _Running Up
That Hill_.

The strangest place I heard Kate was at a steakhouse style
restaurant.  This was around 1984.  The restaurant was playing some
muzak background.  As I was eating dinner I recognized one of the
muzak songs.  It was _Wuthering Heights_!  I couldn't believe it -
Kate muzak.  It was vaguely interesting and disgusting at the same
time.

Lori K.