Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eat The Music

From: "Nathaniel R. Leas" <leas@tempe.avnet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 09:49:56 PDT
Subject: Eat The Music
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: leas@tempe.avnet.com

From:	MX%"s0499528@let.rug.nl" 13-SEP-1993 09:20:22.06

>In article <9309101759.AA23164@bugs.TQS.COM> steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:
>>
>>"A mulatto
>> An Albino
>> A Mosquito
>> My Libido"  - Chorus of "Eat the Music"
>>
>Are you kidding? Tell me you're not! I'd love to hear Kate sing a quote like
>that and be able to rave endlessly about her sense of intertextual
>relationships!

    Yes, he was kidding.  Those words are actually the chorus to "Smells
    Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana.  Where you in the summer of '92?

    As for the cultural roots discussion of ETM, I would have to agree that
    there is a definite African sound to it, however the brass as well as the
    rhythm does give it a distinctly mariachi-like feel.  What with the state
    of world culture, I would have to see it would be extremly difficult to
    say it was *specifically* influenced by one particular culture.

/*  leas@avnet.com (if you reply to this message, it may bounce)	 *\