Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Live Work and rumours...

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 11:36:29 GMT
Subject: Re: This Woman's Live Work and rumours...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <9309132036.AB04200@relay2.UU.NET>, UK04160@ukpr.uky.edu writes:

> In a recent listing of 'live import' (wink wink nudge nudge) CDs
> that I came across, there is a Kate CD in the 'new releases'
> section called "This Woman's Live Work (T.V '78-'87)" Does
> anyone out there have any info on this disc? Sounds like
> it may be a rehash of "Butterfly Kisses" (which covers the
> same period), but you never know...

I saw this at a record fair on Sunday. Unfortunately, somebody was
buying it at the time, so I did get a very good look at it. It's got a
black cover (photo of KaTe's face against a black bacground on the
front) and a track listing on the back - I could only make out "Wuthering
Heights" and" Under the Ivy". Maybe just a dub of the audio track from
a bootleg video...

And now for something completely different....  A couple of weeks ago
there was an item about TRS on the "Grooves" page of the Teletext on 4
teletext service. which mentioned there were "strong rumours of a tour
to follow", which I thought was a bit ironic, given that this was after
KaTe's little chat on Radio 1. I put it down to some journalist
reading year-old Homegrounds or something. But yesterday, our local
newspaper prints this beside the new top 20 singles chart:

"Kate Bush is back again. Rubberband Girl snaps straight in at Number
12 this week and is poised to go higher as rumours of a tour, only her
second ever, circulate wildly."

Huh?
--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK. (+44 31 650 5978)