Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Spinning in a chair at Abbey Road

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 02:59 CDT
Subject: Re: Spinning in a chair at Abbey Road
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9309091724.25771@bhars217.bnr.co.uk> Steve Fagg writes:

>On Thu, 9 Sep 1993 at 10:24:14 -0400 s.telford@ed.ac.uk (Scott Telford) wrote:
>> While I'm here, there's another mention of the album in Melody Maker
>> this week. It's 55mins long and another guest artist on it is David
>> Brooker(?) of Procul Harum.
>
>Most likely to be Gary Brooker. The singer, pianist, composer, and
>general leading light of Procol (note spelling) Harum. He's a good
>mate of Eric Clapton's which may be how come he gets to appear on the
>new KaTe. He's made at least three solo albums since Procol folded and
>last year (may have been '91) a number of ex-members got together to
>make a rather underwhelming album called "Prodigal Stranger". No guest
>vox from Ms. Bush though, as far as I know :-)

   There is a small connection. Gary played in the "All-Star" band of
the Prince's Trust Rock Gala. Kate did _The Wedding List_. It's been
a long time since we've pulled that bit of video out, so I'm not sure
if Gary was playing during Kate's song. Phil Collins, Mick Karn, Pete
Townsend were.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)