Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MTV ALERT: Rubberband Girl in UK charts new entry at 12

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 93 19:55 MET DST
Subject: MTV ALERT: Rubberband Girl in UK charts new entry at 12
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET, ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu, rdt@gradient.cis.upenn.edu

Hiya,

just watched MTV Europe Hitlist UK and on place 12 as new entry there is

            KATE BUSH - RUBBERBAND GIRL

If you didn't get it, you have another chance 30 hours later:

MTV Europe Hitlist UK rebroadcast: Tuesday at midnight CET (11 pm GMT).
The song actually should be played at about 1:11 CET (0:11 GMT), so
watch out and don't miss it!

Thanks for all you guys in Britain shooting her immediately on a place that
Rocket Man only peaked on the UK Gallup chart.

I hope this time the warning will arrive more early than last time...

And yes, I start liking the song more and more. Surprise alert with respect
to clothes at about 3 minutes, watch out! (Somehow this reminds me
of Experiment IV...)

Paul King still thinks The Red Shoes will appear soon. Well. And he says
that Kate is currently making a 50 minutes film (isn't that one finished?).

No, I won't review it now. Don't want to spoil it. A review/description will
follow soon, but for now WATCH MTV (at least once ;-) )!!!

Have I already said I'm seriously (not:)) thinking of learning how to dance and
to move to London? ;-)

[rewind, play again...]

Just one quick thing about the video: What is this in the very last two seconds?
There's a big propeller like those driving the hovercraft boats in the
Everglades, set onto wheels, shooting into the studio where the rest of the
video plays. The 'thing' pulls a thick string of cables behind it and then
a man comes running behind the 'thing'. May I assume that this has something
to do with the 50 minutes film? (50, 40, 60, how long will it be?)

Bye,

Uli