Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eat The Big Stripey Candle

From: David Koehler <drk@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 17:03:02 PDT
Subject: Eat The Big Stripey Candle
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (love-hounds)

Hello all,

Well, this damn song ETM is in my head and I wish it would get out.
It is stupendously dull -- no real chorus or bridge or anything outside
of two bars repeated over and over and over.  I despise it, yet maybe
it is telling that it's hook has lodged itself in my head.

BSL.  Hmmmmm.... yes!  This is great.  The drum machine and violin reminds me
ever so slightly of Experiment IV.  The guitar work is crunchy and brittle and
reminds me of Pull Out The Pin, not in sound but in attitude.  Set the CD
player to "3" and auto-repeat.

CiTW.  I was hoping this would be allowed to die peacefully on the RM single,
but no... it's back like a bad rash.   :-(

IHMO, of course,
      David R. Koehler            "Like a chicken with a fox
   drk@cardinal.stanford.edu       He couldn't win the war with ego"  - K. Bush