Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate top ten poll

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 18:38:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate top ten poll
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <9309101432.aa10689@APG-9.APG-9.APG.ARMY.MIL> kstauff@APG-9.APG.ARMY.MIL (Kimberly Stauffer AMSTE-LGS 4900) writes:

>Super Dave says
>>...I want to know what everyone's LEAST favorite Kate songs are.....

>Well, I can't think of ten KB songs that I don't like but I can think
>immediately of one that I can't stand.  Houdini.  That song really bothers
>me for some reason.  That's the only song of Kates that I really do not
>like.  Some others would probably come from the Sensual World album.  That
>album dissapointed me somewhat in comparison to her eariler stuff, but I
>did like some songs.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Houdini" is one of my absolute favorites.  It affects me *so* powerfully.
A work of genius, I would venture.  But taste is its own authority.

Let's see: what Katesongs do I dislike?  I'm not fond of "Saxophone
Song"...in fact, I find some of TKI to be kind of wimpy.  But I enjoy it
nevertheless.  And (cringe) I've never been able to count "The Dreaming"
among my favorites.  I like "The Fog" but I don't love it, and I find
"Reaching Out" a little less appealing than some of the other songs on TSW.
But I know no Katesong that I hate, or even dislike really...I'm just not as
crazy about them as I am about the others.

>"Can't wait for the new album".  I was given an instore date of 5 Oct.  Is
>this accurate?

We wish.

Drewcifer
--