Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Indigestion after eating the music

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 10:59:59 PDT
Subject: Indigestion after eating the music
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hello, sports fans!

Well, I gave EtM a couple of listens, and here are MY impressions:

Eat the Music:

It had potential; if it were about two minutes shorter, it would be a
lot of fun.  As is, it's just boring.  And I *STILL* think it sounds
like Paul Simon on an off day.

Eat the Music (Gratuitous Mix):

I actually haven't put this one on yet.  After wading through 5 minutes
of the real version, there's no way in hell I'm going to sit through
another ten minutes of it!  This weekend I MIGHT put it on on its own
accord.

Big Stripey Lie:
YAAAY!!! Brilliant!!  The most uncomfortable song Kate's done since,
well, Waking the Witch.  Is it me, or does this song kind of remind you
of Bowie in his non-ambiant "Heroes" era?

Candle in the Wind:
Hey, I *LIKE* this song.  On the other hand, I am thinking of starting
a support group for folks like me who like "Reaching Out".

Stev0: (walking slowly to podium, his eyes watering) Hello.  (pause)  My
name is Steve...and I...I love...th-th-the s-s-song..."Reaching Out" (breaks
down and cries)

Vickie: Amen, Brother!

Jorn:  Let it out!  We're with you!

Anyway, this has always been my favorite Elton John song, and Kate's voice
has never been better, and if you don't like it you can go back to your
Vanilla Ice albums and leave this work of UTTER BRILLIANCE to me!

- Stev0 the Rocket Man

"A mulatto
 An Albino
 A Mosquito