Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: eat the muzak

From: kyrlidis@templeton.cchem.berkeley.edu (Angelos Kyrlidis)
Date: 9 Sep 1993 19:31:57 GMT
Subject: Re: eat the muzak
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9309091550.AA00711@dlsun87.us.oracle.com>, jdrukman@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman) writes:
|> i purchased the `eat the music' CD single yesterday.  EtM is a pretty
|> terrible song, you have to admit.  repetitive and unimaginative and,
|> for a song so chock full of sexual metaphors, decidedly UN-erotic.
I agree.
I wanted to avoid saying this in Gaffa, but doesn't it remind you all of BAD
Gloria Estefan? I think that the Mambo Kings soundtrack, and 'Conga' are a
better source of latin music. This is latin-lite, and will BOMB in the charts.
It isn't even 'alternative' sounding, so the radio stations that could have payed
attention won't, and they will have a good reason. Makes you wonder if KaTe
was suspended in Guava for 4 years... :-)

|> on the other hand `big stripy lie' is really quite excellent... i hope
|> the album is full of tracks like *that* one.
I haven't had the time to really listen to that one, but it sounds much more
inspired.

BTW, isn't TRS the first album *not* to feature KaTe on the cover? Is this a
sign?

Angelos