Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Spinning in a chair at Abbey Road

From: S.L.Fagg@bnr.co.uk
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 18:24:03 BST
Subject: Re: Spinning in a chair at Abbey Road
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net

On Thu, 9 Sep 1993 at 10:24:14 -0400 s.telford@ed.ac.uk (Scott Telford) wrote:
> While I'm here, there's another mention of the album in Melody Maker
> this week. It's 55mins long and another guest artist on it is David
> Brooker(?) of Procul Harum.

Most likely to be Gary Brooker. The singer, pianist, composer, and
general leading light of Procol (note spelling) Harum. He's a good
mate of Eric Clapton's which may be how come he gets to appear on the
new KaTe. He's made at least three solo albums since Procol folded and
last year (may have been '91) a number of ex-members got together to
make a rather underwhelming album called "Prodigal Stranger". No guest
vox from Ms. Bush though, as far as I know :-)

--
Regards

Steve Fagg      ( S.L.Fagg@bnr.co.uk +44-279-402437 )
BNR Europe Ltd., London Road, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9NA, UK

*** "Better drowned than duffers. If not duffers, won't drown". ***