Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Posters source (I have one!)

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 93 23:21:29 EDT
Subject: Posters source (I have one!)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

A long time ago, waaaaay back when _The Sensual World_ was released,
Dirt Cheap Records in Kansas City was selling subway posters of Kate
and a lot of Love-Hounds bought them. You can do it again. Annie Winter
is getting in a mucho buncho subway posters for the "Rubberband Girl"
single. Here's the info:

Rubberband Girl subway posters (40" x 60")
$17.00 postage paid (in the USA only)
Mailed rolled in a sturdy tube

Recycled Sounds (they changed the name of the store)
3941 Main
Kansas City, MO  64111

Contact is Anne Winter

(816) 531-4890 (store)
(816) 531-4988 (fax)

Anyone outside the USA should call or write for postage info.

I have no financial interest in this, I'm just passing along the information.
When we lived in Kansas City we lived about 2 blocks away from this store
and I can tell you that it's the coolest store in Kansas City (besides
The Music Exchange). We bought lots of Kate posters there, plus Homeground,
music magazines galore, and tons of CDs and LPs. The last batch of subway
posters were great! (However, we walked over there and bought them. Perhaps
some who bought one by mail from Annie can post about your experience.)

The price doesn't seem too high, but I don't know how much they're selling
for elsewhere. I do know that Annie is great about not jacking up prices.
After all, this is the store where Chris bought the Y Kant Tori Read 12"
for $9.00 the last time he was in Kansas City. (And believe me, Annie is
savvy, she knows who "Y Kant Tori Read" is.)

Vickie