Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate singing in French

From: WATSON2@AppleLink.Apple.com (Allen Watson III)
Date: 7 Sep 1993 22:25:26 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate singing in French
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0oX4lZ-000illC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>,
chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) wrote:

>    You *must* hear _Ne T'En Fu Pas_. It was a British b-side of _There
> Goes A Tenner_, and was paired with _Un Braiser D'Enfant_ on a French
> single (Pathe-Marconi-Emi EMI 5444) included in the Single File box
> set. It is also in the _This Woman's Work_ box set.

Yet another source: both "Ne t'Enfuis Pas" and  "Un Baiser d'Enfant" were
also included on the Canadian release of the 12" mini-LP* with the
imaginative title "Kate Bush."  Buyer warning: There was also a US version
of the mini-LP, _sans_ "Ne t'Enfuis Pas."

I agree with Chris:  If you like KaTe's singing in French, owning a copy of
"Ne t'Enfuis Pas" is a MUST.

*A mini-LP isn't a 10"-diameter 12" record :-), it's a 12" vinyl record
with more music than a 12" single but less than a 12" album.

+-----------------------------+     "Queremos genios en vida..."