Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate singing in French

From: jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman)
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 93 10:29:53 PDT
Subject: Re: Kate singing in French
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

chris williams errs greatly:
>   You *must* hear _Ne T'En Fu Pas_. It was a British b-side of _There
>Goes A Tenner_, and was paired with _Un Braiser D'Enfant_ on a French
>single (Pathe-Marconi-Emi EMI 5444) included in the Single File box
>set. It is also in the _This Woman's Work_ box set.

much as it pains me to correct chris, i should point out for all the
francophones who are clutching their chests in pain that the titles
are actually Ne T'Enfuis Pas and Un Baiser D'Enfant.

"Ne T'en Fu Pas" is kinda cute though; it almost means "don't fuck
me."

Ne T'Enfuis Pas is one of the most beautiful recorded songs in the
history of the universe, no matter how you spell it.

--
Jon Drukman                                      jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.