Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What's not on TWW ?

From: hart@corona.math.vt.edu (Heath David)
Date: 3 Sep 1993 23:03:49 GMT
Subject: Re: What's not on TWW ?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <266e40$1vg@st-james.comp.vuw.ac.nz>,
Philip.Sainty@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Philip Sainty) writes:
>Having just bought 'This Woman's Work' (NZ$170 for those who are interested)
>I was wondering if some Katefans out there could tell me what songs Kate has
>recorded that don't appear in the set (apart from 'The Red Shoes' material)
 ^^^^^^^^
>and where I might find them?

Hmm.  This list is certainly incomplete, but it covers a few:

Kate has *recorded* many songs which have never been officially released,
and certainly not on the TWW boxed set.  Many of these songs are available
on bootlegs.  In addition, except for the "On Stage" EP, none of her many
live appearances were captured on this set.  Again, bootlegs will fill
this void should you so desire.

The following are officially-released tracks which I am aware of
which do not appear on TWW ('*' denotes songs written by Kate, while
'.' denotes songs merely performed by Kate):

* various 7" single remixes, such as the "He's here...he's here..."
  version of "The Man With The Child In His Eyes", or the single
  version of "Hounds Of Love".  In general, these versions differ only
  slightly from the album versions.

* Running Up That Hill (instrumental version) [from the 12" single]

* Dreamtime [an instrumental version of "The Dreaming", from the 7" single]

* December Will Be Magic Again ('bongos' version) [from an EMI Christmas
   compilation album, titled "It's Christmas".  Probably other sources.]

* The Confrontation [from the "Love And Anger" CD single]

* Running Up That Hill (live version) [from "The Secret Policeman's 3rd
   Ball"]

* Be Kind To My Mistakes (original version) [from the movie soundtrack
   "Castaway"]

. Brazil [from the movie soundtrack "Brazil"]

. Rocket Man/Candle In The Wind/Candle In The Wind (instrumental) [duh,
   these came out after TWW]

Heath