Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW Box UK/JPN Differences

From: martin@kawa.ssl.fujitsu.co.jp (S.C.T. Martin)
Date: 26 Aug 93 02:31:49 GMT
Subject: Re: TWW Box UK/JPN Differences
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ssl.fujitsu.co.jp

On 25 Aug 93 02:59:59 GMT, atkins901@snake.cs.uidaho.edu (Antonin!) said:

 > The japanese version has eight discs each jewel box end has the
 > # of the disc circled on the bottom but one side is in English and
 > the other side is in Kanji.  (it is interesting to note that the
 > Kanji version of Kate's name has two smilies in it :)

ケイト・瘢雹ブッシュ

I never thought of them as smilies before ;)

The two symbols that look like smilies are tsu and shi of katakana.

The katakana pronunciation of KaTe's name is keito busshu.

The Japanese title of TKI is in kanji, I can't say what the Japanese
title is though because I gave the album to Allen G. two years ago.
I think the other albums have only katakana pronounciations of the
English titles.

|S.C.T. Martin|Fujitsu S.S.L. Limited|martin@kawa.ssl.fujitsu.co.jp|
|    Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality      |
|                        Jules de Gaultier                         |