Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate vs. Tori...Is it right?

From: at895@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kevin F. Holy)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 93 09:18:14 -0400
Subject: Kate vs. Tori...Is it right?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I've noticed this lately about the Kate vs. Tori letters. Most people who
first heard "this" girl before they heard "that" girl often pick "this"
girl as their favorite. The last kate vs. Tori topic had someone who has
been listening to Kate for 13 years, and has only heard from one to four
songs of Tori's (he said "Tori's video" so I dont know if he's talking
about _Little Earthquakes_ or just the video to SATY or whatever..). I dont
think its fair to judge someone to someone else when you've heard LOTS of
music from "this" girl and virtually no music from "that" girl.

  Of course, the person chose KaTe because he's been listening to KaTe for
a longer time. Me myself, I've been listening to Tori for over a year now,
and have gotten well into her music. But just getting Kate's music wont
just jet propel Kate past Tori. No, it wont happen. You cant do that. It
doesn't happen like that a lot. So, the only way people can be fair about
listening to Kate and Tori is to start listening to both of them at the
same time. Meaning, buy _LE_ and lets say _TKI_ on the exact same day. Come
home and listen to both of them, one after the other. And then it might be
fair to choose who's better. Otherwise, being addicted to one artist, and
then find another artist and be more addicted to them in infinitely less
time is completely rare.

My Tw0 Cents (aka IMHO)

--
Luvs: Tori Amos|"I'm lookin' at The BIG Sky! Im lookin' at The Big Sky! You
 Annie Lennox  |never understood me! You never really tried! ... ... ...