Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Touring Tori

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 02:45 CDT
Subject: Re: Touring Tori
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1993Aug24.061030.23288@Princeton.EDU> you write:
>In article <m0oTGUf-000illC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:
>
>  Is Tori still touring? Is she going to be in the NorthEast
>anytime? I discovered her recently, and would really like
>to see her.

    No, Tori Amos is currently in the studio working on a new album.
She should tour after the album is released.

>  I don't see why Tori should be pitted against Kate. The only thing
>that Tori ripped off was Kate's excellence.

   Personally, I feel the need to compare female artists in an
exclusionary manner is unconsious sexism. To insist that artist "A"
is brilliant while slagging artist "B", seems to be based on some
notion that female brilliance is somehow *limited*, and that there
simply isn't enough to go around. We know that this is not the case.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)