Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: And so is Love....

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 21:48 CDT
Subject: Re: And so is Love....
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <niall-180893172754@beernut7.as.utexas.edu> you write:
>Is it just my wishful ear, or is that David Gillmor on guitar in And so is
>Love?  I know he was a strong influence on Kate in her early years (getting
>her to record the demo of "The man with a child in his eyes").

   Nope, Dave was unavailable to work on this album, so she called
Eric Clapton. His old mate Jeff Beck is also on the album, leading
some to speculate on a Yardbirds reunion. Jeff has demonstrated his
ability to mimic David Gilmour's guitar playing on Roger Water's
solo albums.

>Niall Ives Gaffney          ---   Department of Astronomy
>niall@marple.as.utexas.edu  ---   University of Texas at Austin

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)