Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (no subject given!)

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 93 13:34 CDT
Subject: Re: (no subject given!)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>i've wondered for the past couple of years about any song connexions to
>a promo picture in *this woman's work*.
>
>the picture is kate sitting on a pile of rocks, holding a woodwind instrument,
>she's wearing a collarless shirt, vest, trousers and boots. she might also
>have a cap, but i'm working from memory.

   It's the cover of the Irish-only (I believe) single for _Night of the
Swallow_. The insturment she is holding is the Uillean Pipes, aka the
Irish Bagpipe. The name is Gallic for "elbow" and the bag is inflated
with a bellows pumped with the elbow, rather than blown up by mouth
as with the Scottish Bagpipe.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)