Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hue & Cry

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 22:23 MET DST
Subject: Hue & Cry
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Ron Hill wrote in 1992 about cover versions of Kate's songs:
>         _The_Man_With_the_Child_in_His_Eyes_ (1989) by Hue & Cry (studio

> version is on the b-side of 'Violently' and live version is on the live

> album 'The Bitter Suite',these versions in my [Jorn Barger's] opinion are

> the best covers around. Don't be upset by the gender change.)

The live version can also be found on a new (1993) best-of-Hue-&-Cry-sampler:

Name: 'Labours of Love   The Best of Hue and Cry'.
Order number: HACCD1 / 0777 7 86734 2 2 (Circa Records, distributed by Virgin)

Bye,

Uli

P.S.: Live & Studio versions aren't very different. Except for some applause
at the beginning and the end you probably have to listen to them in direct
succession to hear major differences.
P.P.S.: Add my vote for these to be the best cover versions of Katesongs that
I have heard.