Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate in ICE

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 93 20:35:59 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate in ICE
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <24469s$a9r@st-james.comp.vuw.ac.nz> you write:
>The thought of Kate becoming more 'commercial' is worrying. The comment
>that "There are certainly two - if not more - top ten single on it" is
>especially worrying considering the contents of the top 10 last time I
>looked (I don't know how different New Zealand tastes are to the UK -
>I think NZ is closer to the USA in 'our' music tastes)

On the other hand, the article talked about there being two top ten
singles in the UK on that album, not necessarily anwhere else.  That
in itself shouldn't worry anybody.  Don't forget that Wuthering Heights
was no. 1 for four weeks in Britain, and Running Up That Hill peaked
at no. 3 there.  So having a top ten single in Britain doesn't necessarily
mean that Kate has gone too commercial.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov