Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

self promotion

From: Jon Drukman <jdrukman@us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 93 11:32:29 PDT
Subject: self promotion
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

since chris williams expressed an interest in hearing all about my
burgeoning music career, i thought i'd provide you all with a little
update.  (you weren't being sarcastic, were you chris.  i know you
really want to know all this stuff.)

We just wrapped a remix of "Where Is Love & Happiness" by the rather
regrettable pop band Anything Box.  should be out on CD single some
time soon.  The band apparently "really digs" our mix...  If you like
Depeche Mode or the Pet Shop Boys, check it out.  (The original
sounded like Depeche Mode, we made it sound like Pet Shop Boys...)

Just out on Silent Records is an ambient compilation called "From Here
To Tranquility."  Yours truly has a track on it called Les Fleurs du
Mal under the name Artificial Paradise.  They spelled my name wrong on
the liner notes AGAIN.  Bastards.  My roommate also has a track on
this comp called Diaphanous (band name: The Dark Beautiful).

This compilation is going to be distributed by Caroline, so it should
be available practically everywhere in the States.  If you can't find
it, you can order direct from Silent: 101 Townsend, Suite 206, San
Francisco CA 94107.  Overseas: Hyperium, PO Box 100561, D-8560 Lauf,
Germany.

(Les Fleurs Du Mal is a book by Baudelaire.  The translation is "Evil
Flowers.")