Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Dreaming

From: tjc50@juts.ccc.amdahl.com (Terry Carroll)
Date: 27 Jul 93 17:46:54 GMT
Subject: Re: The Dreaming
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9307270106.AA28640@kona.cc.mcgill.ca>,
SHAWN@parasit.lan.mcgill.ca writes:
>     As a true Katefan, I am here to proclaim that, without a doubt,
> "Hounds of Love" was, is and forever will be Kate's best album. It is
> the best demonstration of the artistry and pure genius of the
> greatest chanteuse of our time.

I have to agree.

I've always thought of "The Dreaming" as Kate Bush's "Sgt. Pepper": a grand
leap forward, and an astonishing breakthrough of demonstrating what is
possible in music.

I've always thought of "Hounds of Love" as Kate Bush's "Abbey Road": using
what was learned on the earlier album to produce a masterpiece.

Terry Carroll - tjc50@juts.ccc.amdahl.com - 408/992-2152
This article may contain opinions which are not shared by my employer.
A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the
fish that hath fed of that worm.  Hamlet, Act IV, Scene III.