Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Aspel Tapetree: Last Call

From: Peter Byrne Manchester <PMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1993 23:59:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Aspel Tapetree: Last Call
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu

       WHEREAS:
(a) several of the Seven <now eight> Samurai tapetree topdubs have set special
time aside this week, or have made special arrangements about equipment;
(b) our copying capacity as a group is already nearly saturated; and
(c) Katemas is followed all too quickly by August, which is leaned on by
September, toward which many of us have responsibilities we ought to have
started on yesterday;
       I REGRETFULLY ANNOUNCE that the Aspel Tapetree as presently constituted
_closes_ on Katemas, Friday, July 30, 1993.  As a practical matter, this means
that anyone who wishes to receive a copy from one of the following needs to
have contacted that individual, received confirmation he or she can take on
additional copies and been given the postal address, in time to put their
blank tape and stamped addressed return mailer in the mail by last dispatch
_Wednesday, July 28_.

        This does _not_ of course mean that the tapetree material goes out of
circulation.  It means that additional circulation must take place as a new
generation of the tapetree.  There will be at least 50 first-generation dubs
from the sub-master-level in circulation among love-hounds by next week, so it
should not be hard for latecomers to find folks willing and able to help the
tree continue to exfoliate.

        Meantime, thanks to Ken Hoyme for joining the Samurai in time to help
boost our capacity to make stereo copies.  As of this writing, those who are
already saturated and can take no additional copy requests are noted below.

                            THE GANG OF EIGHT

<NEW> ( hoyme@src.honeywell.com )       Ken Hoyme (stereo audio, but video
                                          must go through Hi-8 pre-dub)
( loiselle%coins@cs.umass.edu )         Cindy Loiselle
( rurfin04@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu )  Lori Karn (MONO ONLY, but can
                                          do Beta or 8mm as well as VHS)
( chai@utcc.utoronto.ca )               Tippi Chai (MONO ONLY; Canada
                                          only, since return postage must
                                          be Canadian)
<CLOSED>  <CLOSED>  <CLOSED>            John Zimmer
( woj@remus.rutgers.edu )               woj (MONO ONLY)
( rtimko@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu )    Martin Timko (MONO ONLY)
<CLOSED>  <CLOSED>  <CLOSED>            Larry DeLuca (MONO ONLY) (Larry can
                                          take a few new orders if people can
                                          wait at least two weeks;
                                          henrik@husc.harvard.edu )

                                                             Peter Manchester