Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Possibly for sale: Cloudbusting CD single

From: drk@leland.Stanford.EDU (David Koehler)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 93 23:01:58 GMT
Subject: Re: Possibly for sale: Cloudbusting CD single
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@leland.Stanford.EDU (Mr News)

In article <22v024INNmdo@lynx.unm.edu> lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu
(Lazlo Nibble) writes:

>It is, in fact, Pretty Damn Rare.  I spend more time in record shops and
>reading collector's marketplace magazines than most and have never seen
>the disc in person.  It's offered for sale in the magazines only
>occasionally and usually for $50, $75, or more.  Demand for the disc
>dropped pretty seriously when the boxed set came out, however.  A good
>percentage of the folks who wanted it wanted it because it was, at the
>time, the only place to get the Meteorological Mix on compact disc.

Hold on, are we talking about Cloudbusting, or The Big Sky?  I thought
the extended mix of The Big Sky was called "Meteorological" and the
Cloudbusting mix was "Organon".

      David R. Koehler                  "Wings fill the window
   drk@leland.stanford.edu               And they beat and bleed"  -- K. Bush