Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Daniel Lanois

From: heretic@zeus.tamu.edu (Evolve or Perish)
Date: 23 Jul 1993 00:54 CDT
Subject: Daniel Lanois
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Okay, so it's not a Kate post. But... Knowing how you folks like your song-
writing, I thought I'd make a recommendation.

Daniel Lanois - "For the Beauty of Wynona"

Who's Daniel Lanois? For one, he's Peter Gabriel's producer, and has played
guitar on the last few Pete albums. He has also produced Eno (!).

These songs are outstanding, and the musicianship is impeccable. It won't wap
you on the head on your first listen, but I suspect this is one you'll return
to for years.

Beware: the cover is mighty intense, but you'll be okay - I promise.

b r e t t