Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

First Kate

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 93 14:50:39 PDT
Subject: First Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Many folks are recommending "The Dreaming" as the album to introduce
Kate-less folks to our amazing world.  Well, true, "The Dreaming" is
the best album ever made, and then some, which is why it is a BAD choice
to introduce folks to Kate.  You see, once they realize "Wow!  This is GREAT
STUFF!  What ELSE has this GODDESS done?", then they go get, say, "Never
For Ever", their reaction will be, "Oh.", NOT REALIZING it is ALSO a work
of UTTER BRILLIANCE.  So, what you do is introduce folks to Kate with,
say, N4E (or TKI or TSW), and they will scream "This is AMAZING!  What
ELSE has this GODDESS done?", THEN you let them hear the other two, and
your victim will say "MORE!  I have to have MORE!", and then you play
HOL for them, and they'll cry out "HEY!  This is even BETTER!", *THEN*
you unleash The Dreaming, where they will immediately vanish in a puff
of utter perfection.

For the record (no pun intended), I've noticed most folks seem to have
been turned onto KaTe with HoL; on the other hand The Hole Story (ask me
about that pun) is safe as houses.

- Stev0 (who just turned someone new onto Kate Last Week! It's true!)

"Hello, I know that you've been feeling tired
I bring you love, and deep misunderstanding" - Rec.Music.Gaffa theme song