Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What a difference Kate makes...

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 93 01:02:19 EDT
Subject: Re: What a difference Kate makes...
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman) writes:

>Vickie gushes:
>>"Rubberband Girl"
>>(This is the song that Prince is on, we're pretty sure. Think "Ken"
>>or "I'm Still Waiting" and know that this belongs on the same shelf.

>what do "ken" and "i'm still waiting" have in common?
>1) they're both b-sides
>2) they're all synth&sampler
>3) they sound like they were written in under 10 minutes each

Multiple choice question? How about 4) all of the above. No 4? Oh no, ah geez,
I didn't study!! ("you can dance if you want to") Help! I knew I should
have taken woodshop. I didn't know there was going to be a pop quiz! The
dog ate it. Daisy, daisy, give me your answer do...

>what are you talking about vickie?

Only my hairdresser knows for sure. (Or he/she would, if I had one. It's
Supercuts for me babe.)

Vickie

5) Rock'em, sock'em, wailing Kate. As Chris said "Kate proves that she *is*
the 'funky sex machine'" :-)

I don't know how to describe it Jon. I don't listen to this kind of music.
It just *reminds* me of "Ken" and "I'm Still Waiting" in that it's kinda
rocky, kinda funky, and kinda fun (and kinda mindless, though I'll forgive
Kate for just about anything, except screwing around with "Be Kind To My
Mistakes" though that's neither here nor there, and hey, I can't understand
hardly any of the lyrics so who knows, it might be about something really
deep and meaningful and interesting) and so at least it sounds as if Kate
had fun recording it and lordy knows she's been through a lot and it's
wonderful to know that she hasn't lost her sense of humor and oh, what a
sense of humor it is and so, well, hmm, any more questions?