Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

moments5.au: first impressions

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 93 08:46 MET DST
Subject: moments5.au: first impressions
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi,

yesterday I received moments5.au, and I have to admit that I am not overwhelmed.
Its musical style reminds me of 'Candle In The Wind', though of course there's
piano and strings and not synthesizer only. Let's hope that

- Moments of Pleasure sounds better in hifi
  probable, because the synths are what I don't like with CITW, and that's
  because of this unfit instrumental part of the song.
- MoP is not typical for the album, i.e. is not one of the (musically) better
  songs.

  Probable, because titles like 'Eat the Music', 'Big Stripy Lie' and 'Rubber
  Band Girl', and especially the sole existence of a REMIX (haven't had this
  since Experiment IV) sound different from 'Moments of Pleasure'.

My critics are not based on the lyrics, just on the music. I understand fully
that MoP is the most important song for Kate, and that's probably the reason
why she chose to play it in Aspel's show, but it specifically is NOT chosen
as the first single. Normally you would play your first single if you appear
in TV after that long a break.

All this is of course just my own opinion,

Uli