Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Drive-in Saturday

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 10:21:55 PDT
Subject: Drive-in Saturday
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Attention SF Bay Area Lovehounds:  Coming soon to the Stanford Theatre
(in case you've never been there, a BEAUTIFUL theatre that shows classic
films, always a double feature, always five bucks):  Wuthering Heights
(the Olivier original).  It's either the weekend of August 7th or 14th.
If a bunch of Screaming KateFans (tm) show up en masse, that would be way
cool.  Let's make arrangements to make it so.

Also, request to anyone:  Even if you live in a less attractive part of
the world, you can help us Bay Area KateFans - between features, the
Stanford Theatre plays The Mighty Wurlitzer Organ, and on weekends they
usually have a wonderful caberet/torch-type singer.  If someone could
get me a copy of the sheet music for Wuthering Heights, I could give it
to the manager - if it were sung between shows, that would be so fantastically
wonderful.  E-Mail me if you can do this.  Thanks.

- Stev0 (who lusts after Clara Bow)

P.S. So what if there's a film and a show called "The Red Shoes"?  Personally,
I think it's great - I predict THIS will be the album that finally brings
Kate to America, and the (probably) non-tie-ins could only help.  At least
she's not calling the album "Jurassic Park".