Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Aspel tapetree finalization

From: "Cynthia L. Loiselle" <LOISELLE@cs.umass.EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 13:53 EST
Subject: Re: Aspel tapetree finalization
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Jorn writes...
> I'm making a few dubs myself for the first few leaf-node requesters, and for
> various parties who've been helping out, and then sending the NTSC 'master'
> to Cynthia in Amherst Mass who seems to have the stuff to do the top level,
> namely copies to the following, who all volunterred to make dubs themselves:

[names deleted]

OK, that's seven dubs, no problem.  To those who wondered where I popped up
from, I emailed Jorn and said we own 3 HiFi stereo VCRs (my husband is *into*
video :-) so dubbing is easy.  I've posted here very occasionally, but mostly
lurked for several years now.  I volunteered to make copies because I know
how finicky *I* am about tapes :-), and video loses clarity *very* quickly
over multiple dubs, and I was willing to make a reasonable number of copies
if it meant that we could format this as a "lawn" rather than a "tree" as
much as possible.

All those receiving copies should know that there's no way these can be
crystal clear, between the PAL->NTSC conversion and the additional
generation. I've not seen PAL converted tapes before, but I'm led to believe
they aren't as clear as the original.  And I know that even 2nd gen video
tapes are much fuzzier than the original.  On the other hand, they should
look lots better than some 7th gen copies of KaTe on SNL that I've seen :-)

Also, as I told Jorn, I'm expecting my own PAL->NTSC converted copy of the
show (just got email yesterday that it's on its way) so I'll use which ever
copy makes the best dubs.  I *don't* have Rocketman in any shape, size or
format, so that will come from what Jorn sends me.

I'd *really* appreciate it, though, if you can do as I suggested to Jorn,
and send on a blank vidoe tape of your choice with a stamped, addressed
return mailer.  It will make life much easier here, and will make it
possible to mail out tapes that much sooner.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Meter strips are good only on the day they are issued,
make sure you use real stamps and not a meter strip on your return mailer
or you won't get your tape back!

> Cynthia [can you post your address?] suggests:

[suggestions deleted, email me if you lost/missed them.  And you can
call me Cindy :-)]

Email:  loiselle@cs.umass.edu

USMail: Cindy Loiselle
        114 N. Whitney St.
        Amherst, MA 01002

Phone (just in case): (413) 256-0188

Drop me a note if you have any questions for me.  And I guess that's it
until I hear from Jorn that he's ready to send on the tape.

Thanks for organizing this!

Cindy