Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sick of bashers (was: Re: Sick of KB)

From: jclark@mailer.fsu.edu (Joe Clark)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1993 12:52:14 GMT
Subject: Re: Sick of bashers (was: Re: Sick of KB)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@mailer.fsu.edu

In article <m0oAbQP-000iliC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

>>If I like some song and someone else hates it, there is no logical
>>reason or justification why we have our opinions, nor need there be
>>any.

>   Opinions without logical reasons or justification are prejudices.

Not at all.  Prejudices are predispositions to respond that are
overgeneralized to all members of a class, such as racial stereotypes.
Opinions are verbal statements about attitudes, which require no logical
justification whatsoever.  Remember (quoth the pedant), logic is not all
that drives us.
---
The REAL Joe Clark      NOT: 1. Former Canadian Prime Minister
Florida State University     2. Bat-wielding High-school Disciplinarian
jclark@mailer.fsu.edu        3. Late Senator from Pennsylvania
904-644-0830 FAX: -6257      4. Subject of "Fare Thee Well" Song