Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Moments of Pleasure Obtained

From: Suspended In Duct Tape <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 22:36:20 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Moments of Pleasure Obtained
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

Thanks to an angel from Belfast (hi Owen- hope you're enjoying Maryland! :)
I received an audio dub of the Aspel performance and interview in the mail
the other day.

I must say that while I like the song and am moved by what spurred her to write
it, as a Kate Bush song it is quite mediocre musically, and she seems to be
having the same trouble with making the lyrics fit the meter as she did with
"Reaching Out".  I think this song can only really be compared to "Reaching
Out" for many reasons, not the least of which being we are assured of having
to endure flamefests about it here on Love-Hounds from now until the end of
time.

Are those real strings I hear in the background?  (My copy only came through
on one channel- what, you Brits don't have stereo TV yet? - so I can't really
tell.)  If so, then I'm impressed that she didn't just leave them for the
Fairlight as with the brass on "Ken".  Her voice is in fine form, that's for
sure.  I'm excited for this album- even a mediocre Kate song leaves 99.9% of
the other songs in the universe far behind in the dust.

Donning her asbestos suit and desperately hoping the NME bit about Prince
writing a track for the album isn't true,

Meredith
meth@delphi.com