Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sick of KB

From: froument@lifl.lifl.fr (Froumentin Max)
Date: 28 Jun 93 12:49:27
Subject: Re: Sick of KB
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1993Jun28.083502.18258@ousrvr.oulu.fi> klindman@phoenix.oulu.fi (Kimmo Lindman) writes:

>      There wouldn't be so many Kate Bush fans out there if you
>   people just knew of Mylene Farmer. The French speaking world
>   knows it better, they don't need Kate Bush. They already have
>   Mylene, who has 100 times better voice, lyrics, looks & style
>   than Kate. (Not to even mention her videos = High Art)
* deleted crap *
>      6 months ago I was a diehard KT fan. Now, my Kate Bush collection
>   is for sale (interested, anyone ?). Mylene Farmer is The Goddess
>   of rock&pop art and there's no competition, not even by far.

All right, it's been a long time since I last read r.m.g and I was happy
to see and actually *hear* the latest single. Thanks guys!
And at the end of the subject window, there was that post. I really rolled
 on the floor laughing, which is really rare on a monday morning.
About Mylene Farmer... I've been hearing her on the radio for about five or
six years, and my brother has got all her albums and videos. I heared them
a lot (forced) so I think I can discuss about her...

Voice: Mylene has got *NO* voice like Kate. It's high pitched but so faint
	bet she'll never do any unplugged session.

Lyrics: (ROTFL again :-) Maybe if someone is interessed I'll translate some...
	You'll judge by yourself. (quite sex-oriented, in a very vulgar way)

looks & style  Well, nothing to make you throw up here but there is no
	comparison. Too different. She must be ok but she always carries
	lots of white makeup on her face. She is red-haired (short)
	("on top only" -MF) and tries to always call sex to mind: sort
	of a sexy-teenager style.

Videos: I must admit that MF's videos are great. They were made by someone
	called laurent boutonnat. Three of them are set in a style 'a la'
	kubrick's Barry Lindon : English 18th century, foggy dawns, etc.
	The recent ones are more 'dance' oriented, but still ok.

and finally MUSIC:
	Once again there is no comparison. MF's music is really bad
	with beatbox rhythm and dancy tunes :-( No sensibility,
	no feeling. Her music is made for charts, sure. And once
	again everything is 'sex-oriented'.

Thanks kimmo, for a good laugh.

Max
(sorry for the poor english)

Max Froumentin                    |
Laboratoire d'Informatique        |		LAB&TYD
Fondamentale de Lille             |
France                            |