Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ice skating

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (Irgendwo in der Tiefe)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1993 11:34:54 GMT
Subject: Re: Ice skating
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Philip.Sainty@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Philip Michael Sainty) writes:

>Well there I was, sitting at home watching the ice skating special on "Mobil
>Sports" when I suddenly heard the opening notes of "This Woman's Work". Sure
>enough one of the performers (Rosalyn Sumners (sp first name?)) was skating
>to KaTe. It took me half a minute or so to remember to start watching the
>skating :)

As far I know, Sumners is the only skater to do so, and only to TWW (she's
performed it a number of times in recent months).  I've always thought that
"Under Ice" would be particularly appropriate, especially if Caryn Kadavy,
one of my favorite skaters, did it.  Or maybe Klimova and Ponomarenko.

John Zimmer
johnz@eaglet.rain.com