Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New opinions => New flames

From: goldberg@math.tau.ac.il
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 93 13:02:09 GMT+3:00
Subject: New opinions => New flames
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love-Hounds)

Hi all!

It seems to me that the minute someone expresses an opinion there'll be
someone that will flame him/her to death... I've seen it too many times and
I hate it. I love this list and the people on it but I hate this tendacy to
flame people for their opinions.

Well, with that off my mind I'll express my opinions and expectations here
concerning The Red Shoes (Hoping not to get flamed... :-)

I haven't heard Moments Of Pleasure, but from your description of it I expect
the album to resemble The Sensual World more than any of her previous albums,
although I hope it will be different, as her work constantly evolved from
one album to the next. About the artists she chose, I think she chose excellent
guitarists. Since I like guitars a lot, and since she hasn't used them very
much in the past, I welcome the change, and I'm very curious to hear how she
chose to use the guitars. About Lenny Henry... Hmm... if he is who I think he
is, then I know him as 'Mr. "Cat Flaps!"' :-)  Will we hear something like
"Do bears..." ?
Last of all - O{+> (I hope I pronounced it right! :-), aka Prince:
I liked his earlier stuff, but I must admit that I fear his appearance in the
new album (Prince fans - This is MY OPINION!). I don't say the guy doesn't have
talent (Still, he doesn't even come close to people like Kate or Peter Gabriel),
but what he did in his last album (My Name Is Prince, Sexy MF.. *feeling sick*)
what IMHO horrible - he sounded like those rappers who sing how great they
are (*YUCK!*). It seemed to me that man just became something like a balloon,
and that someone needs to stick a needle into him and blow him up! When it
comes to public relations he's quite like Madonna, keeping himself in the
headlines through provocations. This is so unlike Kate that I really fear the
combination. However, judging from your reactions to the new song, it seems
he won't play such a big part in the album. At least, I hope Kate did all the
song writing and composing.

All in all, I look forward to hearing the album.

						Have fun!
						Uri Goldberg

P.S. Hmmm... That thing I wrote about O{+> turned our to be rather long...
     Probably I had more on my mind than I thought :-)...