Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

remixed Games Without Frontiers

From: rbell@mail.sas.upenn.edu (Reuven Bell)
Date: 20 Jun 93 23:10:01 GMT
Subject: remixed Games Without Frontiers
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@netnews.upenn.edu

	Well, I guess it's almost a pity for a Gaffa virgin to open
himnself up with a non-Kate post (especially with a new album coming out),
but this was really the first thing that moved me enough to force me to
post (and besides, I've got TSW on in the background, that should take
care of the ObKate-ness).

Just picked up the CD-Single for Peter Gabriel's [Escaping] Steam.  As you
might surmise, it's my least favorite song on the album.  I've hated it
since I first heard the slow version on the Digging in the Dirt single I
picked up weeks before the album release (Couldn't he have done a million
versions of Blood of Eden or something good?!?!).  In any event, I picked
it up solely because of track #2, the remix of Games Without Frontiers.  I
was even excited about it.

Well, the verdict, He tried to make Games Without Frontiers aound like
Slow Steam.  How dare he?  I really wish he'd refrain from some of these
"I'm an Adult Now" re-mixes.  I mean, Here Comes the Flood was gorgeous.
I'm still unsure of which version I prefer, but this was just sad.  The
only good part was that the Kate b-vox are more emphasized on this mix
(there!  Kate content!).  I'm very disappointed.

On the other hand, the Steam remixes were the best versions of the song
I've heard yet.  Especially for the dance crowd.  I may someday be able to
 tolerate the song, and if so, it'll be because of these versions.

Skip the Single...

You know, as time goes on, I identify more and more with Deeper
Understanding.....

Apollyon