Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The new album, what else!??? :=)=

From: rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 93 20:58:41 PDT
Subject: The new album, what else!??? :=)=
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Cloudbuster

        It's interesting with the news of the song Kate's going to be
singing "Moments of Pleasure", that that's a very "adult" song and yet
the title of the album (and presumably the title song???) are about
something from childhood.  It makes me wonder if one of the major
themes of the album might be about that kind of contrast.

        Reminds me of the quote from all those years ago....

        HAVE YOU GOT ANY NEW IDEAS ABOUT THE NEXT LP, ANY (INAUDIBLE),
OR ANY STORIES THAT YOU'D LIKE TO EXPOSE?
        Uhm, I have started writing for the next album.
        [MASSIVE, PROLONGED APPLAUSE FROM AUDIENCE]
        And I've kind of been taking the approach where I go back to
writing on the piano again, which was how I used to work when I
started.  And it was quite shocking for me to suddenly be left alone at
the piano without all this equipment, you know, where I could just
press a button and I've suddenly got an orchestra... And I felt really,
really odd about the whole thing.  But, in some ways I think I'm trying
to get back to a lot of things that were my roots.  I've started
dancing again, which I never thought I'd manage.
        [MASSIVE APPLAUSE.]
        And I think in some ways... Like we were saying earlier, when I
started it was all like a sense of a mission, it was  something I had
to do, I was, you know, working towards this. I kind of lost that a
bit, and just found myself making album after album, and getting
further away from the writing process too, so I think maybe with this
album I want to... I want to try and make it a little simpler, and
hopefully... positive.  But we'll see, won't we?  But I'm really
pleased, that's a lovely reaction, as I've only started the album
[LAUGHING]!
        [LAUGHTER FROM AUDIENCE.]
        And I bet, you know, half way, could you give me a lift?
        [LAUGHTER AND APPLAUSE.]
        Thank you very much... really sweet...   (1990 Kate Bush Con)

        Just think, we're currently in the YEAR that a new Kate Bush
album is going to be released!  I've never had this happen since before
I was a 'Hound!

---
rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
NetRunner's Paradise BBS, San Diego CA