Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Great Timing!!!!

From: Don Gibson <gibsond@wl.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 15:36:44 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Great Timing!!!!
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET

What a perfect time to have gotten access to internet.  I am new to
internet (3 weeks) and am really excited to have found this group as well
as the wealth of info on Kate.

I have been following Kate since her appearance on SNL rolling the ball.
At the time I was living in NJ very close to NYC and maintained contact w/
some of the early punks such as Patti Smith, Paul Verlaine of Television,
Joey Ramone as well as David Johanson early of NY Dolls and late of Buster
Poindexter fame.  Well I loved that music and the people were great and
then there was Kate.  I am still quite intriqued w/ her persona and have
read some of the works she has used as inspiration either through movies
or the actual literature such as "The Book of Dreams" by Peter Reich.

I am anxiously awaiting "The Red Shoes", and I feel two great
guitarists will only add to the flavor of the work and with Prince's
production wizadry it should be something great.  I only wish it were John
McGlauglin <sp) on guitar.

I am trying to get a friend in England to record a cassette of the Aspey
show on Sunday, they could probably VCR tape it though.  Does anyone know how
much of a hassel it is to convert?

Its great to find such knowledgeable people out there on a subject so dear
to my heart.

Has anyone tried downhill skiing to the ninth wave, its the ulitimate
experience. Really.

Regards

Don