Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ALBUM NEWSFLASH!

From: dambik@fnalo.fnal.gov (Ed Dambik)
Date: 15 Jun 93 13:04:35 -0600
Subject: Re: ALBUM NEWSFLASH!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9306151428.AA02119@waltham.columbus.oh.us>, scasterg@waltham.columbus.oh.us (Stuart Castergine) writes:
> At  9:44 AM 6/15/93 -0400, Eric Walker wrote:
>

>>And before we dismiss Jeff Beck, listen to his work on Roger Waters'
>>superb album "Amused To Death."  Since Waters and Gilmour apparently
>>can't be in the same room together, Waters turned to Beck for that
>>Floydish sound.  He does a terrific job on that guitar.
>
> Rcanting my earlier "too many stars" comment, I have to add:
> I think Beck and Clapton will do well. They're both great, tasteful
> guitarists. It's Prince I'm worried about.

Recently I was arguing with someone about our favourite guitarists.
It came down to Jeff Beck vs. Prince. Coincidence?

Jeff Beck is a marvelous, multi-talented musician. He's played everything
from blues to rock to fusion. Let's just hope that Eric can refrain from
making it all into a Beer commercial (After running up that hill,
pull out the pin. It's Miller time!)!!!

Prince? Will he be SINGING with Kate???? With all these hired guitar-
slingers, it sounds like Kate plans to  R O C K!!!!!!

Ed