Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate, of course

From: "N. Richard Caldwell" <nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1993 02:59:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Kate, of course
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

WADD@VM1.YorkU.CA (Les),
  in article <9306150107.AA14859@relay1.UU.NET> writes:
> I just got back from Montreal (literally!) and I'm overwhelmed by the ton of
> info I have received via Love-Hounds.  The new LP features Prince?  Awesome!
> I'm a HUGE Prince fan and although his image leaves much to be desired, I
> consider him to be a musical genius.  This is incredible news.

It could be interesting.  I can't begin to imagine what to expect musically.
But does this mean that Kate will be turning up in her videos in skin tight
mini-skirts and the like?  Will she get pumped up, do a cover version of
"Sugar Walls?" and start pitching for health clubs? :-)

> I also received a note from a friend of mine who is in Sweden at the moment..
> ..
> he tells me that Kate's first single is called "Whenever We Meat" and is an
> anti-meat eating song.  He says that it sounds somewhat like Rocket Man

Somebody please say it isn't so.   What could be worse than "Rocket Man?"
A version of "Rocket Man" that preaches against what I had for dinner.