Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

YEAH!

From: rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 93 21:30:53 PDT
Subject: YEAH!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Cloudbuster

        "The Red Shoes"???  I wonder what this means, any relation to
The Wizard of Oz?  How about The Angels Wanna Wear my Red Shoes by
Elvis Costello?  :-)

        Since it's too late to guess the name of the album, why not try
to guess the names of the songs?  The person with the most correct
wins... nothing!

        Let's see: Inside the Rose, The End of a Time, The next phase,
A Willow Branch, Little Earthquakes (:-), Together We STand...

        GARY: Where did you read that Kate wrote "Hello, Earth" as a
tribute to the Challanger 7?  Considering that it's impossible it
sounds pretty unlikely to me! :-)

        Thanks to Stephen for his nice post.  Don't let your
"ignorance" stop you from posting, as it doesn't stop many others here
from posting and they often say much less interesting things then your
post.

        Stuart suggests that there may be "too many stars" on Kate's
next album and that she might be "deluted".  This is possible, but I
think most of these (with the possible exception of prince) will
probably just be playing their instruments or singing "background
vocals."  Kate's played with many people who, while not always
"famous", were "famous" amoung people who are into their particular
instrument/type of music, and she's always been able to mix their stuff
in with her stuff (at least in my opinion).

        Speaking of Prince, I just heard that he changed his name to
the symbol that's on the cover of his last album, the one that was
possiblely influenced by Kate's symbol.  Will Kate use this symbol as
his name in the album credits?  :-)

        "The innocents" is mentioned in TV guide this week as being one
of the best horror movies on video.  The problem is, last time I
checked (a  year ago), you couldn't FIND it on video!  Does anyone know
if it's been re-released or something?

        As I asked before, has anyone come up with any info on the
movie that Jorn said Suspended in Gaffa was supposed to be based on?

        Peter asked about the "homeground archives".  I don't think
whomever said this meant that there was actually homeground stuff
available already in computerized form, but that it would be a nice
idea if some was.  I'd very much like to see the "Five Years Ago"
available (since I don't have all of those) as well as some of the
better articles.

        (PS thanks for the album info!)

---
rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)